Make your company save Co2 with digital events
Digital instead of in-person – Save CO2 with SCOOCS
A large proportion of companies would like to save more CO2. With Coronavirus, many companies have succeeded in doing so, even involuntarily – especially through the cancelled flights.
In the past, about 65 per cent of domestic German passengers were travelling for business. (1) The restricted travel worldwide and the cancellation of many events has certainly contributed to the record decline in global CO2 emissions in 2020. (2)
Letting go of old patterns
Approximately 70% of CO2 emissions at an event are due to travel. The remaining 30% are caused by catering, technology and room use. (3) In the future, many companies will no longer want to travel as they did before Coronavirus, which will certainly have an impact on the number of in-person events. This means that the question of whether an event should now be held digitally or in-person will probably also be discussed more intensively after Coronavirus.
However, to sustainably oriented companies ultimately decide in favour of a digital variant, two important criteria must be fulfilled. On the one hand, companies should know what potential the event has in terms of CO2 savings, and on the other hand, there must be digital platforms that are easy to use and can represent the personal exchange in as many ways as possible.
Make your company save CO2 while SCOOCS invest in climate projects
For example, a two-day conference with 150 participants from Europe consumes about 30,000 kg of CO2. (3) One beech tree, for example, binds 12.5 kg of CO2 per year. (4) It would therefore take 2,400 trees to compensate for these emissions. Climate protection projects make it possible to compensate more quickly: With 681 euros, about enough projects could be supported to achieve the compensation. But the best of all possibilities is, of course, to avoid the emission altogether. And that is largely possible through a digital event (5).
We want to motivate companies to become more aware of their own CO2 emissions – also after Coronavirus – and to reduce CO2 emissions and in many cases also save costs, especially through the use of digital or hybrid event formats. In addition, we are prepared to invest a variable amount in climate projects. The amount is based on the emissions saved by our customers: the CO2 savings can be measured by a module activated on the platform. We then double the value with you and convert it into a compensation amount, such as with the climate protection organization Atmosfair.